Monday, April 1, 2013

God - Imagination and/or Faith

I found this article while looking at different research items on the Neuroscience, Imagination, and other stuff on how the brain and Imagination coincide.
This article seemed pretty interesting. Tell me what you think.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


February 17, 2013 12:00A
To understand God requires much more than imagination can provide. I believe that God works first and foremost on levels completely foreign to everything that is considered factual or reality-based. The scientific model of a higher power is only the mind’s attempt to understand something far beyond the walls of reference or image.
The problem is that God cannot be comprehended inside the mind, but only sensed outside the projections of what I hold to be real.
By entering outside the mind, which in my opinion can be done by only the highest of spiritual beings, one can see the true cosmic power which is neither an idea nor an image, but a gut feeling of something far beyond this materialistic world.
Believing in a God or higher power is simply so misunderstood that only a word such as faith might be used correctly to describe it. For me to truly understand the way of a higher power, I must place my mind on the back burner and try to see from an astral projection. Trying to simplify God to fit the limits of imagination is almost surely a way to confuse the issue.
To go beyond the imagination, beyond the realm of knowledge, beyond the realm of anything I have ever known is, I believe, the only path towards truly understanding God. By lowering the walls created by the mind and projecting myself beyond them, I can take a first-step effort towards building an honest and more respectful image of a Godlike presence.
I have been wrestling with a mental image of a God received through my external receptors, and this only serves to confuse the issue. To enter beyond what my external receptors tell me, and erasing the internal circular thinking, only then do I believe I can find an honest approach to what I call God.
The cosmic energy that surrounds me is God, the gut reaction of my first instinct is a godlike creature, and I am made of the same matter as the God I imagine.
When I can let go of all inner notions of my imagined god, understand my mind’s overuse, and just let things be, the energy that is surrounding me can be felt and touched, and I then can walk hand in hand with my true higher power.
I’ve come to this understanding along the various paths of my journey through life. Everything in life and about life has brought me to this understanding. Arriving at this level of understanding connects me to the cosmos otherwise known as the universal consciousness.
This is something that until reached is just a concept to be grasped for but never quite identified or deemed attainable. In the realm of the spiritual and unscientific, faith becomes fact and fact becomes nonfiction.
Through nonfiction, fact becomes fact and faith becomes something I no longer question. When I no longer question, then there is no use for imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to check out my pointless blog. :)